How to Practice Mindful Qigong
We have now tried Mindful Qigong at various retreats and ‘Sit-and-Share’ meetings in India, Nepal, USA, Thailand, England and Ireland and have found these exercises to be very complimentary and supportive of our mindfulness and meditation practices.
You are invited to follow the video instructions and the written instructions linked below. These exercises fit very nicely between the opening Serenity Meditation and the Topic Contemplation of ‘Sit-and-Share’ meetings.
Some Gentle Reminders
- Don’t go beyond your physical limits!
- Anyone with back problems should only do these very gently and within their own limits and when bending forwards should bend the knees slightly.
- Perform smoothly, slowly and mindfully.
- Join the palms (Gassho) before and after each full movement.
- Repeat each movement gently, slowly and mindfully 5 times.
These mindful movements have been inspired by, adopted and adapted from the Qigong offered at Western Chan Fellowship meditation sessions.
Mindful Movement Instructions with Diagrams > Mindful Qigong for Sit-and-Share Meditation Meetings
Mindful Movement Leader Instructions > Guidelines for Leading Mindful Qigong Exercises